FoundationGives the name of the site — generally in its Old Irish form, (if attested in early or medieval sources, or if it appears to be readily reconstructable) otherwise the modern English placename is given.: Cill Mágh Cearóg?

TownlandGives the townland (name spelt as in TTPBI Index) in which the site is (or is thought to be) located.:Kilmakaroge
ParishGives the civil (not ecclesiastical) parish in which the townland is situated.:Kilnamartery
DioceseThis records the medieval (not necessarily the same as the modern) diocese in which the foundation lies.:Cloyne
BaronyGives the modern barony (as in TTPBI Index the baronies were rationalised in 19thC) in which the townland and civil parish are situated.:Muskerry West
CountyGives the county in which the barony lies.:Cork
ProvinceGives both the civil province in which the county lies and the ecclesiastical province to which the diocese belongs.:Munster; Cashel
Field RemainsRecords physical remains of sites, whether visible in the field or accessed through excavation. Precedence is given to features considered to be characteristic of the Early Christian/pre-Reform era, such as enclosures, (especially circular or oval), cross-slabs, high-crosses, bullauns and raised areas — with round towers and church remains further down the list unless there is a strong case for doing otherwise.:eccl site possible (oval enclosure, 1904 &; 1940 OS maps); gvyd in NE quadrant; bullaun c.55m outside perimeter (nos. 9206, 9346, 9229)
BibliographyMentions secondary references (sometimes very select indeed) to the site concerned. Some contain detailed discussion, others (especially where little else seems to be available) only the briefest mentions. For details see the Bibliography page.:Power 1997, 314, 337, 317-8; Murphy 2008 (local placenames)
AddendumIncludes fragments of additional information (or comments on the part of the compilers) relating to the site in question.:OS 69: irreg encl with gvyd in N half 1842 OS map, but oval encl with gvyd in NE quadrant 1904 &; 1940 maps; Cill Mágh Cearóg (church of the plain of the young stag)